The Office of Veterans Services supports a community of veterans on campus and throughout the Pittsburgh region, providing the camaraderie you came to rely on in the military in an area full of opportunities for veterans.
Fifteen percent of Western Pennsylvanians—including 33,000 residents of Pittsburgh—are veterans, and we at the University of Pittsburgh are proud to have among our current student population more than 500 registered veterans who are earning degrees from our various schools and campuses.
Our region is a welcoming hub for veterans and their families, and our city is home to a number of veterans resources, including the University Drive Division of VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum, and numerous social and professional organizations, such as the It's About the Warrior Foundation.
- The University of Pittsburgh has its own chapter of the Student Veterans of America. This organization promotes the success of student veterans, active duty, reserve personnel, and military dependents through mentorship, networking, and social events.
- Contact us via e-mail, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- The McCarl Center for Nontraditional Student Success enhances student learning by offering a variety of workshops and events for nontraditional students.
- The College of General Studies Student Government provides an array of services and programs to enhance CGS student life on campus.
- The Division of Student Affairs supports and enhances student learning and development by providing a wide array of programs and services.