Preferred Course Scheduling
Veteran students receive course scheduling preference at public institutions of higher education in Pennsylvania.
This is in compliance with the Higher Education Course Scheduling Preference for Veteran Students Act [Act of May 14, 2014, P.L. 667, No. 46 (known as “Act 46”)].*
An individual who:
- is a veteran (as defined below) or is an active duty service member
- has been admitted to the University of Pittsburgh
- resides in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania while enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh
An individual who:
- has served in the United States Armed Forces, including a reserve component of the National Guard
- was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than dishonorable
Veterans who completed their obligated service in the Reserves and National Guard but were not deployed to active duty are included in this definition of Veteran. Veteran students may or may not be using veterans educational benefits at the institution. Act 46 applies to veteran students admitted to all for-credit courses and programs offered at the institution.
Priority Enrollment Period
Priority enrollment for veterans begins at the Friday before the published Monday enrollment period and are assigned in order, according to credits completed. Veteran students who have completed the highest number of credits are given the earliest enrollment appointments, while those who have completed the lowest number of credits are given the latest enrollment appointments. Enrollment appointment dates and times can be found in each student’s PeopleSoft Student Center.
For questions or to update your veteran status at the University of Pittsburgh, please contact OVS at 412-624-3213, 1440 Wesley W. Posvar Hall, 230 South Bouquet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
You may submit a Higher Education Student Complaint form online via the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Act 46 non-compliance.