Your Federal Student Aid Shopping Sheet 

This Shopping Sheet allows you to see the estimated cost of attending the University of Pittsburgh, your financial aid package, the net cost of your education, work, loan options, and other important financial information.

To access your Federal Student Aid Shopping Sheet information, log into your my.pitt.edu account with your established username and password. Follow these steps to access your information:

  1. Go to Access the Student Information System (PeopleSoft) > Self Service > Campus Finances > View Financial Aid
  2. Choose your appropriate aid year (ex. 2231) to access your financial aid awards on the "Award Summary" page.
  3. Click on the "Financial Aid Budget" link located on the "Award Summary" page to access the estimated costs associated with your program.

The "Award Summary" contains the most current information that you have provided to the University of Pittsburgh through your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not filled out your FAFS, your information may be incomplete. You can complete the FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa

Helpful Resources
  • The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
  • The GI Bill Comparison Tool is an additional planning tool that provides financial information specific to VA educational entitlement.
  • The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information including tuition and fees, expenses, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, and student loan default rates, and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
  •  The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps explain the ins and outs of student financial aid and repaying loans to help you make smarter decisions about how to pay for school. 
Financial Aid Advisors

The University of Pittsburgh provides you with access to a financial aid advisor who can assist you with questions regarding your financial aid package. To schedule an appointment with your financial aid advisor, please contact:

Federal Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance (TA) is the term used for financial aid given by military branches to active duty and reserve service members for college courses. Each branch of the military has its own tuition assistance policy. 

Regardless of your branch of service, TA only covers the cost of tuition, and not any associated fees. University of Pittsburgh's tuition rate can exceed the tuition caps published by each service. Students are responsible for all costs not covered by TA, which must be paid by the published tuition deadlines.


Using TA at University of Pittsburgh

Service members should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) at their unit/command prior to enrolling at University of Pittsburgh. Each service has unique requirements that must be met and/or completed prior to or as part of the TA application process. These will be discussed by your chain of command and/or your ESO.

Once you have spoken with your ESO, you will apply for TA through your service:

As part of completing the TA application process, you may need information (degree plans, course information, tuition/fee schedule) from University of Pittsburgh. You may request this information by emailing veterans@pitt.edu with the following information:

  • Student's Name
  • Branch of Service
  • Last 4 of SSN
  • PeopleSoft Student ID Number
  • Information Requested (degree plan, course information, tuition/fee schedule)

TA Payment Processing

ARMY: Once your TA has been approved, you will receive an email stating that your TA request has been approved and submitted to your school. This email should be forwarded to veterans@pitt.edu, and should include your name and student number.

ALL OTHER SERVICES: Once your TA has been approved by your command, you will receive a voucher that details the cost of your classes that your service will pay. This voucher should be emailed to veterans@pitt.edu, and should include your name and student number.


More info regarding TA can be found here:  https://www.dodmou.com/TADECIDE/

Transfer Credits

If you want or expect to receive transfer credit due to your military service or training you must request a copy of your Joint Services Transcript to be sent to the University. When applying to the University of Pittsburgh, all applicants are required to submit transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended where college credits were earned. Please contact the Office of Veteran Services at 412-383-5580 or veterans@pitt.edu with any questions.

You can find more information on transferring credits from your previous education by viewing the information below from each of the University of Pittsburgh Campuses:

University of Pittsburgh Costs

For an overview of the costs of attending the University of Pittsburgh, please visit the University of Pittsburgh tuition and Fees page. Costs for programs at all regional campuses can be found at the bottom of the page.

Priority Course Scheduling

Information on Priority Course Scheduling can be found in the Benefits Section of the OVS website.

Veteran Eligibility for In-State Tuition

Military and veteran-affiliated students may qualify for in-state tuition rates as described on the University of Pittsburgh's PA Tuition Rate Eligibility Page.  As referenced under the GI BILL® tab, grant and scholarship money may be reduced when the student is adjusted to in-state.  Students will acknowledge this when they sign their aid package: 


I understand that, if approved for classification as a Pennsylvania resident, my tuition will be assessed at in-state rather than out-of-state rates.  This reduction in my cost of attendance may make me ineligible for certain types of financial aid including scholarships, grants, and loans, or it may result in a reduction in financial aid amounts.  This includes the potential loss of eligibility for university scholarships awarded to out-of-state students.  The combined impact of adjustments to my tuition and financial aid may be a balance due to Pitt that I am obligated to pay.  If I have questions about this, I will contact my financial aid office for clarification. 

Compulsory Military Service

We will do whatever is required to enable students called up to active military duty to transition out of the University as expeditiously as possible. If you are called up to active duty, you'll need to provide a copy of your deployment order to the Office of Veteran Services.

In addition, we will arrange for you to drop the term's registration so you will not owe tuition and will not receive grades for the term. In rare cases, there will be exceptions made, depending on personal and/or financial reasons. Before making any final decisions, we will be happy to talk and work with you to help you make the best decision based on your situation. Additonally, if it is in your best interest to receive grades, you may receive an "M" grade consistent with Pennsylvania Act 59 of 2014

Counselors for Veteran/Military-Affiliated Students

Contact us so that we may help you with any questions you might have.