Who We Are
Designed to support veteran students with a keen understanding of unique needs of veterans and their family members, the Office of Veterans Services is proud to offer academic, career, and support workshops to assist veteran students during their time at the University.
OVS strives to be a one-stop shop for veterans, military-affiliated students, and dependents of veterans by offering:
- Assistance in navigating your military education benefit, including applying for benefits, providing information, and serving as a liaison between you and the VA Regional Processing Office
- No application fee for veterans
- Course scheduling preference for veteran students. See specifics on eligibility and the course scheduling process.
- An orientation for new veteran and dependent students that includes information on your benefits, local resources, and successfully transitioning to the University
- Career guidance from Pitt's Office of Career Development and Placement Assistance
- OVS networking events with veteran-friendly employers and access to helpful career resources